La Mesa Municipal Pool & Spa Rules and Regulations
1. Walking only in the pool facility. No Running.
2. Children under 7 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the water and on the deck. Non-swimmers are permitted to wear U.S. Coast Guard approved lifejackets with an adult within arms reach.
3. Anyone under 16 years of age must take a swim test to enter water deeper than their height. If they do not pass, they must remain where they can touch with their shoulders out of the water and will need an adult on the pool deck.
4. All children who are not toilet-trained must wear swim diapers in the pool.
5. All diapers must be changed on the changing tables in the locker rooms. No changing is allowed on the pool deck or in the lobby.
6. Any person that is ill, has an open wound, stitches, or a cast will not be permitted in the pool.
7. All patrons ages 6 and older must enter the pool deck by going through the appropriate locker rooms. Children under age 6 may accompany their parent through the locker room of the other gender.
8. Any person entering the pool facility must be in appropriate swimming attire. No street clothes, shoes, or cotton materials are allowed in the pool.
9. Only program participants are allowed on deck during pool programs. During public swim, all patrons who wish to be on deck must pay the admission fee.
10. All swimmers should shower before entering the pool.
11. Hair longer than shoulder length should be tied back.
12. Walk at all times on the pool deck and in the locker rooms.
13. No food allowed on deck or in the locker rooms. Smoking, eating, drinking, and chewing gum are prohibited in the locker rooms, lobby, and pool area. All glass containers are prohibited.
14. Masks, fins, snorkels, and toys are not allowed in the pool during public swim. Use of such devices during other pool times must be approved by a lifeguard or staff member.
15. Only U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices are allowed in the pool. A child wearing a flotation device will need an adult in the water within arms reach.
16. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, and roller blades are not allowed on the pool deck. Chairs and strollers must be against the fence or wall, away from the pool edge, and not obstructing entrances or exits.
17. The therapy spa is only to be used by patrons ages 18 and older.
18. Hanging or playing on lifelines, ladders, railings, lifeguard stands, or the diving board is not permitted.
19. Horseplay and roughhousing, such as chasing, pushing, hitting, wrestling, splashing or dunking others is not allowed. Chicken fights, piggyback rides and shoulder rides are not allowed.
20. Head first dives are only allowed in the 10-foot diving pool.
21. No excessive breath holding or hypoxic training is allowed in the pool.
22. All directions given by lifeguards and pool staff must be observed at all times. This includes all emergency and evacuation procedures.
Diving Board Rules
1. Swimmers must successfully complete a lifeguard-supervised swim test before going off the diving board. Anyone is subject to a swim test.
2. Only one person on the board at a time. 3. Wait at the bottom of the diving board ladder until the person before you is at the side at the pool.
4. Only one bounce on the board. 5. Jump or dive straight off the end of the board. Do not twist or jump to the side. No inward, reverse, or back dives allowed. 6. No goggles allowed when using the diving board.